JILDEE conducts training programmes17/10/2023 2023-10-19 8:16
JILDEE conducts training programmes
- JGU has partnerships with 288 universities in G20 countries
- JGU announces 2,000+ scholarships for 2024 to commemorate its 15th anniversary
- JGU celebrates 14th Anniversary and University Day
- JIBS holds International Conference on Victim Assistance
- JGU holds Jindal-Melbourne Joint Conference
- IIHEd organises Principals’ Conclave on Implementing NEP 2020
- OEFL initiates teaching programme of Indian languages
- JSES conducts field visits and community engagement workshop
- Criminology and Criminal Justice students of JGLS visit Tihar Prison
- JILDEE conducts training programmes
- Stanford University List 2023 of World’s Most Influential Scientists features JGU’s Dr. Maharaj Pandit
- JSGP faculty members publish co-edited book
- JGU student wins scholarship to represent India as Young Delegate
JILDEE conducts training programmes
In September, Jindal Institute of Leadership Development and Executive Education (JILDEE) conducted one on-site training programme for executives of Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd in academic collaboration with Jindal Global Law School (JGLS) and one on-campus training programme for officials of the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India in academic collaboration with Jindal Institute of Behavioural Sciences (JIBS).
Details are given below:
Three-day on-site training programmes for Power Grid Corporation
The course on ‘Labour Laws- Latest Judgements and Amendments’ was conducted from September 4 to 6 in collaboration with JGLS for 25 officers of Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd at their Learning and Development Centre at Manesar.
The course was inaugurated by Lt. Gen. Prof. (Dr.) Rajesh Kochhar, AVSM and Bar, SM, VSM (Retd). Sessions were conducted by eminent faculty of JGLS and the topics covered included the following:
- Introduction to Labour Laws
- Foundational understanding of how labour law Adjudication and application is distinct from other laws.
- Constitutional basis of Labour laws
- Primary differences brought on by the new amendments to the labour legislation
- Introduction to the appropriate stakeholders
- Stakeholder Rights and Duties, with a focus on the changes brought on by the labour amendments.
- Legal protections relating to various categories of stakeholders in case of a Dispute.
- The Indian Constitution & Labour Laws, Constitution of India and Labour Legislation, Meaning of ‘State’ in the context of labour laws.
Jurisdiction and powers of High court and Supreme courts in Labour law matters
- Social Security Laws (Focusing on Contract Labour Laws)
- The Employees Compensation Act, 1923
- The Employees State Insurance Act, 1948,
- The Employees Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952
On-Campus Six-day Mid-Career Training Programme (MCTP) for CAG
The MCTP Level 4 programme for the current training year was conducted from September 18 to 22 for 36 officers of CAG.
Professor of Eminence (Dr.) Sanjeev P. Sahni, Founder & Principal Director, JIBS, was the academic course director of this programme. The programme was inaugurated by Lt. Gen. Prof. (Dr.) Rajesh Kochhar, AVSM and Bar, SM, VSM (Retd).
The following topics were covered during the programme:
- Introduction of Leadership and Ethics
- Effective Communication skills
- Auditing and Cyber Security
- Purpose and Effect of Public Debt on Economy
- National strategy for achieving SDGs
- Central policies and guidelines on IT Projects
- Strategic Decision Making
- Cloud Computing
- Performance Management- Counselling, Mentoring and Coaching Talent Management
- SDGs and the challenges of Gender Equality.