Dr. Indranil Mukhopadhyay
B.Sc. (Hons.) (University of Calcutta);
M.A.; M.Phil; Ph.D. (Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi)
Dr. Indranil is an Associate Professor at O.P. Jindal Global (Institution of Eminence Deemed To Be University). He teaches public health, health economics, comparative health systems and development economics at the School of Government and Public Policy. Indranil holds a PhD in public health and health economics from Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
Indranil has fifteen years of research and teaching experience in the area of health economics and health care financing. Prior to joining O.P. Jindal Global (Institution of Eminence Deemed To Be University) he worked as a Research Scientist and Assistant Professor at Public Health Foundation of India, Delhi. He was also a Welcome Trust Post-Doctoral Fellow (2015-17). At PHFI, he led the production of health accounts for six Indian states. He was a visiting faculty at Dr. B. R. Ambedkar University, Delhi, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi and Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai. He is part of WHO Expert group of National Health Accounts in Asia and Pacific Region. Indranil has lead several research studies funded by Department of Science and Technology, Government of India; World Health Organisation and has several international and national publications to his credit. He is the co-editor of Jindal Journal of Public Policy.
Areas of Interest: Indranil works on various themes related to health systems, health economics and care financing, poverty, vector borne diseases, National Health Accounts, impact evaluation of health programmes, access to medicines, inequalities, health technology assessment etc.
Indranil has completed his MPhil in Public Health from Centre of Social Medicine and Community Health, JNU and MA in Economics from JNU.
- Pankaj Bahuguna, Indranil Mukhopadhyay, Shankar Prinja et al. (2018) “Sub-national health accounts: Experience from Punjab State in India”; PLoS ONE; December 2018 13(12):e0208298
- Alok Ranjan, Priyanka Dixit, Indranil Mukhopadhyay, T Sundararaman (2018). “Effectiveness of government strategies for financial protection against costs of hospitalization Care in India”. BMC Public Health (2018) 18:501; Online ISSN: 1471-2458
- Indira Chakraborty, Bijoya Roy, Indranil Mukhopadhyay and Susanna Burria (2017) “Investing in Health” – The Healthcare Industry in India”; Economic and Political Weekly, NOVEMBER 11, 2017 vol liI no 45; ISSN: 0012-9976
- Indranil Mukhopadhyay (2017), “When medicines case misery”; Common Cause, Vol XXXVI, No 2, April-June 2017, Regn No.39331/1982
Mukhopadhyay I and D Sinha (2019), “Painting a Picture of Ill-health” in Azad R. et al (Ed); “Quantum leap in the wrong direction”, Orient Black Swan, New Delhi, India; Feb 2019; ISBN-10: 9352876180
Mukhopadhyay I (2017), “Tax Financed Health Insurance in India: Illusion of Financial Protection” in “Health Service Systems in Transition: Challenges in India and China”; edited Madhurima Nandi. Monorgaph, No. 3. Institute of Chinese Studies, New Delhi, India; ISBN: 978-81-932482-2-5
- Title: Population vulnerabilities, household burden, health system response and resource tracking for vector-borne diseases in Delhi-NCR (PARTHIV)
- Funding agency: Department of Science and Technology, Government of India
- Duration: April 2017 to March 2020