Academic TalksOctober 19, 2023 2023-10-19 6:20
Academic Year 2022-23
- JSBF Internal Seminar on “The Oracle’s Foretelling & the Case for Ambiguity: Exploring the Prophesies of Fintech & Financial Surveillance” by Prof. Shohini Sengupta on 22nd September 2022
- JSBF Internal Seminar on “Regional Variations in the Non-agrarian Informal Accumulation in India” by Prof. (Dr.) Kranthi Nanduri on 15th September 2022
- JSBF Internal Seminar on “Do small farmers benefit from participating in producer companies?: Evidence from Telangana, India” by Prof. JANNET JOHN on 8th September 2022
- JSBF Internal Seminar on “Who was Impacted and How? Pandemic and the Long Uneven Recovery in India” by Prof. Mrinalini Jha on 1st September 2022
- JSBF Internal Seminar on “Impact of Text Messages in Nudging Farmers to use Credible Information Sources (through Mobile Phone Application) for Farming Decisions” by Prof. PROF. R. SAI SHIVA JAYANTH on 18th August 2022.
Academic Year 2021-22
- Awareness Programme in Insolvency Profession with special reference to Graduate Insolvency Programme (‘GIP’), organized by the Jindal School of Banking & Finance (JSBF), O.P. Jindal Global University (JGU) on 2nd June 2022.
- Guest Lecture on “Leadership in Action the 21st Century” by Mr. Sandeep Khanna, Director Strategy, ASA Corporate Catalyst (India) on 10th May’ 2022.
- JSBF NIFTI (New Ideas in Finance, Technology, and Innovation Lecture on “Regulating AI in Corporate Governance” by Prof Umakanth Varottil Associate Professor, National University of Singapore and Dr Akshaya Kamalnath, Senior Lecturer, Australian National University on 8th April 2022
- Lecture 1 of Season 2 of the “Network Dialogues” organized by CRAFT & Law (Centre for Research and Analysis in Finance, Technology, & Law) by Mr. Rishabh Sinha (Head – Legal, FloBiz) and Mr. Pushan Dwivedi (Legal Counsel, Flobiz) on 5th March’ 2022.
- JSBF NIFTI (New Ideas in Finance, Technology and Innovation) lecture on “We, the Robots? Regulating Artificial Intelligence and the Limits of the Law” by Professor Simon Chesterman (Dean of the Faculty of Law, National University of Singapore) on 16th November’ 2021
- JSBF Workshop of “Financial Wealth Creation” on 31st October’ 2021
- Lecture 4 of CRAFT and Law Virtual Network Dialogues on “Problems with Controller-Based Responsibility in EU Data Protection Law” by Mr. Wong Yongquan Benjamin, a Sheradin Fellow at National University of Singapore (NUS) on 16th October’ 2021
- Emergence of digital accountants the way forward. 14th October’ 2021
- EFSI Seminar Series on ” The impact of sentiment on emerging stock markets by Prof. Sankarshan Basu (Indian Institute of Management Bangalore) on 30th September 2021.
- EFSI Seminar Series on “Political Voice and (mortgage) market participation: Evidence from minority disenfranchisement” by Prof. Arkodipta Sarkar of Hong Kong University of Science and Technology on 24th September 2021.
- JSBF NIFTI (New Ideas in Finance, Technology and Innovation) lecture on “Labour Mobility and Economic Value of Corporate Innovations” by Dr. Arkaja Chakraverty, Associate Professor & Assistant Dean (Research), Jindal School of Banking & Finance (JSBF) on 14th September 2021
- EFSI Seminar Series on “Macroeconomics: An Alternative Approach” by Prof. Alex M. Thomas, Azim Premji University on 27th August, 2021.
- Lecture on “Zomato: Future of Food Delivery or Ticking Time Bomb” by Prof. (Dr.) Anand Mishra (Vice Dean and Professor, Jindal School of Banking & Finance) on 20th August 2021
- JSBF Finance & Accounting Society’s Virtual Inaugural Session titled “Decrypting Future of Internet and Finance” by CA Krishna Vatsal Tyagi (Manager, Mergers and Acquisitions, Consulting at KPMG India) on 19th August 2021.
- Lecture 2 of CRAFT and Law Virtual Network Dialogues on “Litigation Activism & the Changing Dynamics of Legal Advocacy” by Mr. Apar Gupta (Executive Director Internet Freedom Foundation) on 14th August, 2021.
- World Universities Summit (Virtual) on “Universities of the Future: Building Institutional Resilience, Social Responsibility and Community Impact”, 21-23 July 2021, O.P. Jindal Global University (Moderated by Prof. (Dr.) Ashish Bharadwaj).
- Lecture 1 of CRAFT and Law Virtual Network Dialogues on “Regulating Digital Journalism: Processes and Principles” by Prof. Sukumar Murulidharan (Professor, Jindal School of Journalism and Communication, and Advisor to CRAFT and Law) on 23rd July, 2021.
- JSBF Academic Seminar on “The Volatility Spillovers of U.S. Quantitative Easing-Evidence from Australia” by Hamid Yahyaei (PhD candidate and Specialized Lecturer, Macquarie Business School, Macquarie University, Australia) on 4th May’2021
- Guest Lecture on “Applying Technological Innovations driving Business Value” by Mr. Anupam Saronwala (Advisor, Mentor and Angel Investor, Helping to Grow Companies)on 3rd May’2021.
- Lecture Series on “Finance & Gender: The Intersections” By Renuka Saneon 17 April 2021
- Session 3 of EFSI Seminar Series on “The Importance of being Earnest: What impacts the Gender Quota Effect in Politics” by Dr. Sabyasachi Das, Assistant Professor of Economics, Ashoka University on 22nd April, 2021.
- Guest Lecture on “Improved Prediction of Commodity Returns using Climate Model Forecasts of the El Nino Southern Oscillation” by Vassili Kitsiosa (Research Scientist, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Monash University) and Dr. Lurion De Mello (Senior Lecturer, Department of Applied Finance, Macquarie University) on 13th April, 2021
- JSBF NIFTI (New Ideas in Finance, Technology and Innovation) lecture on “Crude Oil: From Futures Trading to Downstream Price Impacts” by Dr. Lurion De Mello (Senior Lecturer, Department of Applied Finance, Macquarie University, Sydney) on 7th April’ 2021.
- Session 2 of EFSI Seminar Series on “Reworking Principles: Core’s The Economy” by Dr. Arjun Jaydev (Professor of Economics, School of Arts and Sciences, Azim Premji University, Bangalore) on 1st April, 2021.
Academic Year 2020-21
- Session 1of EFSI seminar series on “Growing-up in an Unequal Environment: Effect of Pollution on Child Health in India” by Dr. Prachi Singh on 25th March 2021.
- JSBF NIFTI (New Ideas in Finance, Technology, and Innovation) Lecture on “Financial Technologies: Key Technologies, Trends, and Implications” by Dr Vangelis Tsiligkiris (Principal Lecturer, Nottingham Business School, UK) on 24th March 2021.
- Webinar Lecture by Mr. Paresh Lal and Prof. Shohini Sengupta on “Structuring Foreign Investments in the Backdrop International Investment Agreements on 8thOctober’2020.
- Webinar Lecture by Dr. Abhay Kumar Singh on “Introduction to Data Science” on 17 September 2020.
- Webinar Lecture by Prof. Ram B Ramachandran and Mr. Madhukar Dhiman on “Rosemount Institute- Prof Ram B Ramachandran Webinar” on 22 August 2020.
- Global Virtual Conference on “Reimagining and Transforming the University” on 07 August, 2020.
- Webinar by Anirudh Voleti and Mr. Rahul Sinha on “Finance and Music: Innovation in Independent Music” on 5 September 2020.
- Webinar Lecture by Mr. Arjun Shah and Mr. Nitin Kandhari on “Business of Music Festivals and Artist Management” on 24 July 2020.
- Webinar Lecture on “Talent Management in Indian Entertainment Industry” on 23 June 2020.
- Research talk by Prof. Prajakta Kale on 19 June, 2020
- Quality Of Research & Research Metrics on 29 May, 2020.
- Webinar Lecture on “Alternative Career Paths In Film And Sport Industry For Young Finance Professionals” on 23 May, 2020.
Academic Year 2019-20
- Workshop on “The Evolving Digital Economy and Impacts on Business and Finance” by Mr. Deepak Maheshwari (Strategic Consultant – Public Policy, Regulatory Affairs and Research) and Mr. Vivan Sharan (Partner, Koan Advisory Group) on 3rdMarch, 2020.
- Workshop on “Climate Change Risks to the Financial System: Implications for finacial regulatory and supervisory agencies” by Dr. Naresh Singh, Principal Advisor, Centre for Global Leadership in Financial Services on 27thFebruary, 2020.
- Seminar on “Public Safety for Women: Is Regulation of Social Drinking Spaces Effective?” by Ms. Kanika Mahajan on 23rdSeptember, 2019.
- Seminar on “Measuring Economic Mobility in India Using Noisy Data: India Using Noisy Data: A Partial Identification Approach” by Punarjit Roychowdhury (Assistant Professor of Economics, IIM Indore) on 5thSeptember 2019.
- Seminar on “Ease of Doing Business and Regulatory Reform in Developing Countries” by Sabyasachi Kar (Professor and Head, Development Planning Centre, Institute of Economic Growth) on 29 April 2019.
- Seminar on “Fluctuating Fortunes and Persistent Policies: A Dynamic Theory of Political Failure” by Parikshit Ghosh (Associate Professor, Delhi School of Economics) on 15 April 2019.
Academic Year 2018-19
- Seminar on “Liquidity and Unemployment under Uncertainty” by Dr. Ayushi Bajaj, Lecturer (Assistant Professor), Monash University in Melbourne, Australia on 9thMarch 2019.
- Seminar on “Engineering in Economics: An Introduction to Mechanism Design” by Dr. Arunava Sen, Professor, Indian Statistical Institute, Delhi on 14thFebruary, 2019
- Seminar on “Reimagining Banking- Change, Competition, Culture, Connected & Clients” by Mr. Anand Chandrasekhar, Managing Director, Citibank India on 8thJanuary, 2019.
- Seminar on “Image classification Using Deep Learning in Python” by Mr. Swapan, Senior Data Scientist, United Health Group on 22ndOctober, 2018.
- Seminar on“The Role of Banking in Nation-Building Today: Its Economic, Legal, Technological, & Social Impact” by Ms. Subi Chaturvedi, President, YES Global Institute.
Pre-Semester Training, Immersion & Engagement Programme
- JSBF Workshop on Financial Wealth Creation on 31 October, 2021.
- Com (Hons.) Pre-Semester Training, Immersion & Engagement Programme 2021 from June 21st- 26th July
- BA (F&E) Pre-Semester Training, Immersion & Engagement Programme 2021 from June 21st- 26th July
- Com. (Hons.): Pre-Semester Training, Immersion & Engagement Programme 2020 from 1st– 27th August, 2020
- Panel Discussion On “India’s Digital Reset: Role Of Regulators In Times Of Covid-19” on 22 January 2021.
- ACCA Session by Mr. Krishan Mishra and Mr. Prabhanshu Mittal on “JSBF-ACCA Webinar: The Journey of ACCA Certifications”on 12 September 2020.
- Panel Discussion on “Caucus Panel Discussion: Prof Ram B Ramachandran”on 2 August 2020.
- Panel Discussion on “India and China As Drivers of The World Economy Post COVID-19”on 30 May 2020.
- Panel Discussion on “STOP COVID-19 or SAVE ECONOMY Can India Do Both?” on 8thMay 2020.
- Panel Discussion on “The Evolving Digital Economy and Impacts on Business and Finance” on 3rd March 2020.
- JSBF Commencement Lecture by Mr. RV Verma (Chairman of the Board and Independent Director, AU Small Finance Bank) and Ms. Sonali Puri (Founder and CEO Wiredup and Bidrisk) on 13th September 2022
- Jindal and Deakin Education Partnership Lecture on 1st October’ 2021
- “Launch of PG Diploma In Data Journalism”on 27 January 2021.
- Launch of The B.A (Hons). Finance & Entrepreneurship by the Jindal School of Banking & Finance on 16 October 2020.
- B.Com. (Hons.) Commencement Lecture: Changing Face of Financial Institutions by Mr. Amit Nayyar (President, Paytm) on 1stSeptember 2020.
- JSBF Commencement Lecture on “Driving Shared Prosperity: A 21st Century Priority for U.S.-India Ties” by Dr. Richard Verma on 2nd August, 2021
- Launch of B.Com (Hons.) Capital Markets by Jindal School of Banking & Finance on 28th September 2021
- Launch of M.Sc. in Behavioural Finance and Integrated M.Sc and PhD. in Behavioural Finance jointly by Jindal Institute of Behavioural Sciences and Jindal School of Banking & Finance by Mr. M Damodaran on 12th October’2021
- Jindal School of Banking & Finance and Western Sydney University agreement for double masters in finance on 10th May 2022.