Anti-Discrimination Committee29/08/2023 2023-08-29 3:22
In order to prevent all forms of discrimination, JGU has re-constituted the Anti-Discrimination Committee. The members of this committee will oversee steps to prevent any kind of discrimination on campus on the basis of gender, race, caste, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, or disability. The scope of this committee’s work expands to advising and implementing policies and programmes related to diversity, equality, inclusion, and human rights on JGU campus.
- Prof Dabiru Sridhar Patnaik, Chief Proctor, O.P. Jindal Global University, Chairperson
- Ajay Kumar Pandey, Associate Professor, JGLS
- Malvika Seth, Assistant Dean, Student Affairs, JGLS
- Kulpreet Kaur, Assistant Professor, JGBS
- Deepanshu Mohan, Assistant Professor, JSIA
- Saagar Tewari, Assistant Professor, JSLH
- Shalini Goel, Assistant Professor, JSBF
- Kajori Sen, Assistant Professor & Assistant Dean, JSJC
- Manjushree Palit, Assistant Professor & Deputy Director, JIBS
Terms of Reference
- Institute a facility online for lodging complaints of discrimination by members of the JGU community.
- Look into the complaints of any act of discrimination against persons belonging to SC/ST students/teachers/non-teaching staff and make decisions; and discrimination against persons based on other prohibited grounds mentioned above.
- Monitor action taken and resolution of all complaints related to discrimination.
- Develop a Policy framework to prevent discrimination in JGU Premises and also take educational & awareness measures to combat discrimination & promote integration.
- Recommend measures to help improve substantive equality.
Periodicity of Meetings
The Committee shall meet at least once in a semester or as often as may be needed.