O.P. Jindal Global University
Office of Admissions and Outreach – Refund Policy
- The University Grants Commission has issued a Notification on Refund of Fees and Non-Retention of Original Certificates effective from October 2018 (“UGC Notification”).
- The formally notified last date of admission to all programmes of JGU, except those offered by the Jindal Global Law School, for the 2020 intake is 25th August, 2020.
- The Refund of Registration Fee deposited by candidates shall be done strictly as per the UGC Notification which provides a five-tier system for refund of fees as follows:
|Date on which notice of withdrawal is received||Point of time when notice of withdrawal of admission is served to the University|
|1.||On or before 10th August 2020||More than 15 days before the formally-notified last date of admission||100%#|
|2.||Between 11th August 2020 and 25th August 2020||Less than 15 days before the formally-notified last date of admission||90%|
|3.||Between 26th August 2020 and 8th September 2020||Less than 15 days after the formally-notified last date of admission||80%|
|4.||Between 9th September 2020 and 24th September 2020||More than 15 days but less than 30 days after formally-notified last date of admission||50%|
|5.||On or after 25th September 2020||More than 30 days after the formally notified last date of admission||00%|
* Aggregate fees include course fees and non-tuition fees and do not include caution money and security deposit. Caution money and security deposit will be refunded in full irrespective of the date on which notice of withdrawal is received
# Subject to a deduction of INR 5000 towards processing charges from the refundable amount
In exceptional circumstances, JGU may admit students after the formally notified last date of admission. In such cases, the benefit will be given to such student. The formally notified last date of admission for such students shall be the individual date on which they have been admitted.
Procedure for seeking a refund
- All initial request for refunds must be received by the Office of Admissions and Outreach no later than 5pm on the last deadline in each tier to be processed within that tier.
- To apply for a refund, candidates must send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. This request will be treated as a notice of withdrawal and the quantum of refund will be calculated as per the table above. Please include your name, programme, and application number in all communications.
- Candidates will then receive a refund application form and further instructions. Failure to follow the instructions closely and submit the completed refund application form will result in the refund being delayed.
- The duly completed refund application form must be sent to email@example.com within one week of being received by the applicant.
- Applicants for refunds may undergo an exit interview with a member of the Admissions and Outreach staff prior to their application being processed. This interview is primarily for informational purposes and will in no way impact the status of the refund request unless the applicant rescinds the refund request themselves.
- From the receipt of the completed refund application form, all refund requests will take at least 15 days to process.
- Any grievance regarding refunds under this policy must be sent to Ms Urvashi Kapur (firstname.lastname@example.org)