Distinctive Features of JSIA
- Partnerships with the best educational establishments around the world. Multidisciplinary courses to train students in emerging areas of ‘global policy studies’.
- Internationally qualified teaching and research faculty from top universities of the world.
- International studies library with over 50,000 volumes and extensive electronic databases.
- International student and faculty exchange programmes.
- Globally networked ‘Future Diplomats Development’ programme.
- Fully green and wireless campus with hi-tech classrooms and modern halls of residence.
- Regular public lecture series, seminars engaging eminent scholars from around the world.
- Foreign Language as a compulsory course.
Can you provide an overview of the course?
This exciting course provides students with an excellent grounding in the development and dilemmas of Global Affairs in today’s globalizing world.
The course is practically oriented and you will gain experience and develop your skills through formal opportunities to interact with serving and former diplomats and other international Faculties. Apart from the Global Curriculum on Global Affairs, you can also choose from variety of the electives being offered besides the assessment tasks.
There are also excellent opportunities for you to pursue a specific interest, such as a particular region (e.g., the Middle East or Africa, South Asia, SAARC, European) or to study a language (French, Spanish, Mandarin and Arabic). Our teaching team can also support you in getting an Internship with a relevant organisation in your final year.
Our graduates can enjoy career opportunities in organisations involved in international negotiation and global governance including: non-governmental organisations, aid and development agencies, international business, and national diplomatic services. Also, greater opportunities can be availed after completing the Masters programme in Diplomacy, Law and Business M.A. (D.L.B.) of our School.