Student Support

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

General Inquiries:
Q: What is the role of the International Office?

The International Office facilitates global partnerships, supports international students, and oversees study abroad programs. Our goal is to promote a diverse and globally engaged academic community.

Study Abroad Programmes:
Q: How can I apply for a study abroad programmes?

The application process varies by program. Visit our “Timeline” section for detailed information on application requirements, and deadlines.

Q: What advantages come with applying for study abroad programs at a partner university?

Applying for study abroad programs at a partner university offers several advantages:

  • Structured Programs: Partner universities often have well-established study abroad programs with clearly defined structures, making it easier for students to navigate the application process and academic requirements.
  • Credit Transferability: Partner universities have pre-approved course equivalencies, ensuring that the credits earned during the study abroad program can seamlessly transfer back to the home institution.
  • Cultural Immersion: Studying at a partner university provides students with an opportunity for deep cultural immersion. They can experience life in a different country, interact with local students, and engage in cultural activities.
  • Language Exposure: No language Proficiency test required to enroll in partner university. For programs in non-native language-speaking countries, students have the chance to enhance their language skills through daily interactions and coursework.
  • Support Services: Partner universities often offer support services specifically tailored to international students. This can include orientation programs, language assistance, and guidance on academic and cultural adjustments.
  • Cost Considerations: Some partnerships may involve cost-sharing arrangements or financial aid options, potentially making the study abroad experience more financially feasible for students.
  • Enhanced Academic Opportunities: Partner universities may provide access to unique academic resources, faculty expertise, or research opportunities that may not be available at the home institution.
  • Networking Opportunities: Studying abroad at a partner university expands a student’s global network, fostering connections with peers, professors, and professionals in their field from different parts of the world.
  • Global Perspective: Exposure to different educational systems and perspectives broadens students’ understanding of their field and the world, contributing to a more comprehensive and globalized education.
  • Personal Growth: Living and studying in a different cultural context challenges students to adapt, be independent, and develop resilience, contributing to personal and academic growth.
International Students:
Q: What support services are available for international students?

International students have access to a range of services, including orientation programs, academic advising, and cultural integration support. Visit our “International Students” section for more information.

Application and Admissions:
Q: What are the admission requirements for international students?

Admission requirements vary by program. Please refer to the specific admission criteria outlined in our “Admissions” section.

Q: Can international students apply for scholarships during the admissions process?

Yes, scholarship opportunities are available for eligible international students. Details can be found on our “Scholarships and Funding” page.

Cultural Integration:
Q: How can international students integrate into the local community?

Our office provides resources, events, and support services to help international students acclimate to the local culture. Explore the “Cultural Integration” section for tips and guidance.

Contact Information:
Q: How can I get in touch with the International Office?

Visit our “Contact Us” page for office location, phone numbers, and email addresses. We welcome inquiries and are happy to assist you.

Q: What is e-FRRO?

e-FRRO is online FRRO/FRO Service delivery mechanism for foreigners without requirement of visiting FRRO/FRO Office.

Q: Who needs to apply for e-FRRO?

All foreigners who desire Visa and Immigration related services in India viz. Registration, Visa Extension, Visa Conversion, Exit Permit etc need to apply for e-FRRO. However, this process has to be mandatory completed within 14 days of arrival in India.

Q: How to apply for e-FRRO?

Foreigners are required to create their own USER-ID by registering themselves online on e-FRRO portal. Afterwards, they are required to apply online through registered user-id for various Visa and Immigration related services in India viz. Registration, Visa Extension, Visa Conversion, Exit Permit etc, without any hassle and obtain the service(s) without coming to FRRO/FRO office.

Q: What documents do I require from the Office of International Affairs and Global Initiatives (IAGI) to submit for e-FRRO?

Foreigners, particularly international students, must complete certain formalities upon arrival. An official student form ID will be generated, and thereafter, a Bonafide letter and residence proof will be issued. These two documents must be collected within three days of arriving on campus. Following this, the online process for e-FRRO should be initiated.

Q: Do I need to visit FRRO/FRO office after applying through e-FRRO?

No requirement of taking appointment and visiting FRRO/FRO office unless specifically called upon by the FRRO/FRO concerned. Intimation would be sent through sms/email on the registered mobile/email-id.

Q: How to make payment?

Intimation would be senUpon successful uploading of application and documents, the foreigner would be intimated to deposit the requisite fee online, if any, for the service. The fee has to be deposited online through Bank Payment gateway available on the portal. Amount of fee would be intimated through email/sms alerts.t through sms/email on the registered mobile/email-id.

Q: How would I get RC/RP?

RC/RP, Exit Permit etc would sent by post on the “Address in India” mentioned in the online application form.

Q: Do I need Endorsement on my Passport?

There would not be any requirement of endorsement on passport. In case, there is any such requirement, you would be intimated by the FRRO/FRO concerned to visit their office.

Q: What to do in emergency/exigency?

The foreigner can approach the concerned Civil Authority i.e. FRRO/FRO office directly in case of exigency/emergency. Upon satisfaction of the case, the services can also be granted directly at the FRRO/FRO level. Make sure that services granted are electronic and not manual. You may face hurdles at the Immigration Check Posts in case of manual services.