Centre For Post Graduate Legal Studies

Residential Master of Laws (LLM) with Global Exposure

The Centre for Post Graduate Legal Studies at Jindal Global Law School offers One Year LLM Programme in

  • Corporate and Financial Law and Policy
  • International Trade and Investment Law
  • Intellectual Property Rights and Technology Law
  • Taxation Law
  • General LLM

Duration

The programme is divided into two semesters as per the academic calendar of the JGLS

 

DegreeDurationNumber of Credits
LLM12 Months (2 Semesters), Intensive, Full time and Residential Program28 Credits

Programme content

The One Year LLM Programme  is made up of core/foundational and elective courses drawn from one of the three specializations. The programme shall have 28 credits with the following components:

  • Three Core/ Four Foundational mandatory courses (3 credits and 2 credits each)
  • Five optional courses of (2 credits each) and
  • Dissertation on a topic approved by the academic supervisor (3 Credits).

    Core/Foundational Courses

    • Legal Research Methodology
    • Law and Justice in a Globalizing World
    • Comparative Public Law and Systems of Governance
    • Introduction to Corporate and Financial Law
    • Law of International Trade
    • General Principles of IPR Law

    Electives

    Students will have to choose 5 electives from Corporate and Financial Law and Policy, International Trade and Investment Law, Intellectual Property Rights and Technology Law, Taxation Law and General LLM. Provided, in case the candidate takes a minimum of three specialization papers from any particular Group/Cluster only, then that Course can be called after the discipline the candidates select; the candidate can opt for remaining paper/papers of his/her choice in order to complete the number of courses/credits prescribed for the Degree. With the approval of the Director of the CPGLS, students may choose to take one course in other Schools of JGU towards the fulfillment of LLM course credit requirements.

    Entrance Examination

    The admission to One Year LLM programme is done on merit decided on the basis of Law School Admission Test (LSAT–India) 2020. The Admissions Test will be for 70% of total marks of the test and the rest of 30% will be equally distributed on the basis of work experience, publications, and statement of purpose. The 30% weightage to be given to applicants for preparing the merit list of the University will be determined by the University.

    Admission will be based on the performance of LSAT– India entrance test 2020 (70% weightage).

     

    Procedure :
    1. Register online for the LSAT– India 2020 entrance test at https://www.discoverlaw.in/
    2. Submit online
    Statement of purpose and Curriculum Vita (30% weightage)* at https://admissions.jgu.edu.in/

     

    Note: We also accept University of Delhi, LLM Entrance Test (2020) or CLAT- PG Entrance Test (2020), subject to availability of seats. Please note that anyone scoring less than 50 percentile in the mentioned entrance exam will have to go through mandatory interview process with the faculty members.

    Fees

    LLM Residential

    Application Fee :INR 1,000
    Tuition Fee : INR 3,00,000

    Residential Fee: 2,40,000

    *Subject to yearly revision

    Important Dates

    • Last date to submit LSAT-India examination application: 10 July, 2020
    • Date of Examination for  LSAT India is now: From 19 July, 2020
    • Last date to submit JGLS admission application: 25 September, 2020
    • Last date to submit JGLS scholarship application: 25 September, 2020