Centre For Post Graduate Legal Studies
The university is located at Sonipat in the state of Haryana which is located in the northern part of India. Sonipat falls under the National Capital Region and is situated approximately 50 kms away from New Delhi, the capital of India.
Applicants to the LL.M. programme at JGLS must have a Bachelor’s degree in Law from any university in India or abroad that is duly recognised under the law and by the regulatory authorities. Students graduating in 2021 can apply, however they should submit their final certificate/mark sheet at the time of admission. National and international students can apply alike
Yes, interested candidates have to appear for any of the one qualifying exam as mandated by the Bar Council of India. We accept LSAT-INDIA, CLAT PG, JSAT and DU LL.M. and performance in the same will carry 70% weightage towards the final result. The remaining 30% is determined on the basis of Statement of Purpose, Curriculum Vitae and Telephonic Interview.
Absolutely not, it is a full time degree programme recognized by all the regulatory authorities like Bar Council of India and UGC.
The required documents are:
Please contact law school admission office at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call us at +917419613557 or , +917419748907.
The courses will be taught by the leading scholars and accomplished domestic and international practitioner from the field of environment. The faculty at CPGLS has a strong research orientation and the LLM students are expected to contribute to faculty and research center projects in the University. CPGLS promotes interdisciplinary studies, joint teaching and joint research programme in partnership with other schools in the University and with partner Universities of the O.P. Jindal Global (Institution of Eminence Deemed To Be University) with which JGU established international collaborations and semester exchange programme.
The LL.M. (ELECC) programme classes are held at NTH Complex – Ananth Centre for Learning & Development, A2, Shaheed Jeet Singh Marg, Qutab Institutional Area, New Delhi, Delhi 110067. The nearest metro is IIT Delhi, RK puram and Hauz Khas metro station.
The classes take place on Thursday (evening), Friday (evening) and Saturday (whole day).
The One-Year LL.M. in Environmental Law, Energy and Climate Change consists of core/ foundational courses (3 credits/ 2 credits each) and specialized courses (3 credits/ 2 credits each). Candidates must additionally write a Dissertation on a topic relevant to the area. The candidate will need minimum 28 credits to graduate.
L.L.M. in Environmental Law, Energy and Climate Change the programme covers numerous important subjects such as analyzing alternate energy solutions, available technical knowledge in the field of environment, energy and climate change and how innovations in the field are best implemented. It expands on the role and impact of domestic and international adjudicatory mechanisms on environment, energy and climate change with special reference to a critical examination and assessment of the functioning of the national environmental courts and tribunals. L.L.M. in Environmental Law, Energy and Climate Change is the first of its kind to be taught in India.
The faculty at CPGLS has a strong research orientation and the LLM students are expected to contribute to faculty and research center projects in the University. CPGLS promotes interdisciplinary studies, joint teaching and joint research programmes in partnership with other Schools in the University and with partner Universities of the O.P. Jindal Global (Institution of Eminence Deemed To Be University) with which JGU established international collaborations and semester exchange programmes.
The tuition fee is Rs. 3,50,000. Please note that the figure is subject to an annual revision.