As an advanced degree offered at the CPGLS, JGLS, the LL.M. programme is designed to represent outstanding academic achievement. The intensive curriculum provides a number of electives on contemporary topics in national and international environmental laws.
Our teaching pedagogy will be based on the assumption that students pursuing an
LL.M. degree have a strong academic background and basic understanding of their speciality area.
Many of our courses will be taught by both leading scholars and periodically by accomplished
international and domestic practitioners. We ensure high faculty-student ratio and better
interactive learning atmosphere.
1. To study environment and climate change through the prism of functioning of law and the relevant institutions with the objective of promoting sustainable development.
2. To study the role of law and legal institutions in the field of environment, energy access and climate change and its evolving relationship to public policy development and good governance.
3. To study the relationship between domestic and international law in the field of environment, energy and climate change and how multilateral institutions and climate negotiations are affecting and impacting both domestic and international law and policy.
4. To study the role and impact of domestic and international adjudicatory mechanisms on
environment, energy and climate change with special reference to a critical examination and assessment of the functioning of the national environmental courts and tribunals governance.
5. To study the role and impact of dispute resolution mechanisms in the field of environment, energy and climate change for examining issues relating to compensation, mitigation and other remedies for damages relating to the environment.
6. To study and analyse alternate energy solutions, available technical knowledge in the field of environment, energy and climate change and how innovations in the field are best implemented.
7. To study how places and people are dealing with climate change, applicable environmental laws which provide viable solutions and to understand the principles and subject of climate adaptation.
Aplicants to the LLM programme at the CPGLS, JGLS must have a Bachelor’s degree in Law from any university in India or abroad that is duly recognised under the law and by the regulatory authorities. Students graduating in 2022 can apply, however they should submit their final certificate/mark sheet at the time of admission.
A.) Admission will be based on the performance of one of the following entrance examinations (70% weightage)
Application Fee :INR 1000
Tuition Fee : INR 3,50,000
*Subject to yearly revision
Other than the mandatory courses to be offered in LLM, proposed specialized courses (Elective oblique optional) will cover: