PhD ProgrammeNovember 21, 2023 2023-11-21 6:52
About The Programme
JSIA places strong emphasis on geo-politics and global studies that are largely affecting international relations in the age of globalization. Its distinguished faculty members will decide on the research center(s) under which of the Ph.D. candidate’s research may be based.
To undertake deep and meaningful research on a subject with the support and supervision of world-leading scholars in the field in an institute with significant global connections and impact.
The knowledge and critical thinking skills you will acquire through the dedicated training and supervision you will receive at JSIA will equip you with deep insight into the complexity of international relations, politics and practice, and it will widen your vision of how international relations are shaping the world in which we live. The career options following completion of your doctoral degree will be as varied as they are distinguished, for instance: in the United Nations and other international organizations; the diplomatic service in your home country; management consultancy as world-leading MNCs; academia; or the media.
- To enhance your employment opportunities and receive recognition for your contribution to development of new knowledge in the field of International Relations, Public Policy, Diplomacy and Business.
- To undertake path-breaking research collaborations with our international university partners in the United States, Europe and Asia.
- To independently develop the knowledge and skills to understand, critique and reframe some of the fundamental problems in global affairs, and develop ideas that could reshape the future world order.
- To be part of an active and multidisciplinary research community within Jindal Global University that seeks solutions to the complex issues that define and challenge contemporary international relations.
Broad Areas of Research
- Area Studies-Middle East
- Peace and Conflict Studies
- Energy Studies
- International Studies
- International Economics
- European Studies
- South Asian Studies
- Global Affairs
- Afghanistan Studies
- International Security
- National Security
- Global Affairs
- Human Rights and Law
- Israel Studies
- International History
- Energy Studies
- East Asian Studies
- Business Studies
- UN and Latin-American Studies
- Masters in International relations, Masters in Defence and strategic studies or Master’s degree in a discipline relevant to the proposed research with at least 55% marks or equivalent grade.
- Applicants with more than 3 years of industry / teaching / practicing/ managerial / professional experience will be given preference.
Applicants shall be admitted to the Ph.D. Programme under one of the following categories:
- Full-time Ph.D. Student (with or without fellowship)
“means a person enrolled in the Ph.D. Programme devoting full-time to completing the requirements of the degree.”
- Part-Time Ph.D. Student (without fellowship)
“means a person who is registered in the Ph.D. Programme devoting part of his/ her time for completing the requirements of the degree while discharging other employment obligations.”
The minimum and maximum period of study and research shall be three years and six years respectively from the date of registration of the student.
Credit Requirement & Coursework Details
Credit Requirement & Coursework