Md. Hifzur Rahman is a civil engineer and an urban planning practitioner. His interest is in understanding and solving emerging urban challenges. He has worked on several projects in the field of transportation and air quality at the Transport Research and Injury Prevention Programme(TRIPP), IIT Delhi. In addition to his academic pursuits, Hifzur is a foody and loves to travel to sea shores and mountains.
Sustainable Urban Infrastructure and Services, Urban Transport and Road safety, Air Quality and Environment, Climate Resilient Cities and Disaster Management
Contributions in Research Projects at Transportation Research and Injury Prevention Programme, IIT Delhi:
- Freight Fleet Characteristics Data Collection and Analysis on Highways (Funded by Shakti Foundation)
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Oriented Planning and Design for Small Cities and Community Participation (Funded by IATSS, Japan)
- Speed Extraction from Traffic Video Using MATLAB (TRIPP, IIT Delhi)
- Study on Socio-Economic Cost of Road Accident in India
- Road Safety Inspection and Discussion of Identified Blackspots (PWD Uttar Pradesh)