Dr. Vivek U. Padvetnaya
Associate Professor & Associate Dean
M.B.B.S (University of Mysore);
D.B.M. (ICFAI University);
M.Sc. (Health Policy) (LSE & LSHTM);
D. Phil. – Public Health (Political-Economy) (University of Oxford)
Dr. Vivek is a trained medical doctor with a master’s in Health Policy, Planning, and Financing from the LSE and the LSHTM; and a doctorate in Public Health (Political-Economy) from the University of Oxford. In addition, he holds a Diploma in Business Management from the ICFAI University.
Prior to joining JSGP he worked as an associate professor at the Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI). Earlier to this he worked as a researcher at the Department of Social Policy, LSE and as coordinator of International Long-term care Policy Network (ILPN) based in London. In addition, he has more than a decade long grassroots experience in Development Management.
Vivek is passionate about making basic public health services ‘work’ for the needy citizens. His research aims to inform policy and practice on evidence-based solutions to supply-side, demand-side and governance barriers to ensure basic services reach the un-reached. He has undertaken several original research studies and has successfully advocated for the study learnings to be considered in policy-making and practice both in India and the United Kingdom.
Vivek teaches courses related to Health Policy, Health Economics, Health Financing and Health Services Management.
- Padvetnaya V.U., Shapeti S.S., Khurana D., et al (2017), Report on cost to Government of Karnataka for providing primary and secondary healthcare services, submitted to Government of Karnataka; Public Health Foundation of India, Bengaluru
- Anita N., Khurana D., Padvetnaya V.U., et al (2017), Formulation and Costing of Care Pathways for the Comprehensive Management of leading medical conditions at the Primary and Secondary care health services as a part of Universal Health Coverage; Public Health Foundation of India, Bengaluru
- Padvetnaya V.U., Singh S.S., Shapeti S.S., et al (2016), Report on Health Care Seeking Behaviour and Out of Pocket Health Expenditure among Households of Mysuru and Raichur Districts in Karnataka State, submitted to Government of Karnataka; Public Health Foundation of India, Bengaluru
- Padvetnaya V.U., Fernandez J.L. (2011), Summary report on the economic evaluation of the baseline situation for ‘Connected Care at Gorleston’ program submitted to Turning Point, UK; PSSRU, London School of Economics and Political Science, London
- Fernandez J.L., Padvetnaya V.U. (2011), Evaluation of social costs and benefitsof ‘Stronger Together in Warrington’ program, PSSRU Discussion Paper 2822, London School of Economics and Political Science, London
- Fernandez J.L., Padvetnaya V.U. (2011), Economic evaluation of ‘Right-steps’ program, PSSRU Discussion Paper 2801, London School of Economics and Political Science, London
- Malley J., Fernandez J.L., Padvetnaya V.U. (2010), Care Regimes on the Move (CROMES) in Europe, Axis 3: The rationale for care reforms. Report for England, PSSRU Discussion Paper 2759, London School of Economics and Political Science, London
- Padvetnaya V.U. (2010), Governance and health: A framework for analysis and action, Report submitted to the Department of Health, Government of United Kingdom, London
Health Policy, Economics of Health, Health Financing, Health System Metrics, Economic Evaluation, Program Evaluation, Equity, Government Effectiveness and Citizen Engagement.