Dr. Indranil Mukhopadhyay
B.Sc. (Hons.) (University of Calcutta);
M.A.; M.Phil; Ph.D. (Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi)
Dr. Indranil Mukhopadhyay is a Professor. Indranil has a PhD in public health and health economics, M Phil in Public Health, and MA in Economics, all from the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) in New Delhi.
Indranil teaches public health, health economics, comparative health systems, development economics, political economy and global health.
He has fifteen years of research and teaching experience in health economics and health care financing. Indranil continues to work on themes related to health systems, health economics and care financing, poverty, vector-borne diseases, National Health Accounts, impact evaluation of health programmes, access to medicines, inequalities, and health technology assessment.
Previously he has worked as a research scientist and assistant professor at the Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI), New Delhi. At PHFI, he led the project on health accounts for six Indian states. He was a Welcome Trust Post-Doctoral Fellow (2015-17). He was a visiting faculty at Dr. B. R. Ambedkar University, Delhi, JNU, and Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai. He is a member of the World Health Organisation (WHO) Expert group of National Health Accounts in Asia and the Pacific Region.
He has also led several research studies supported by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India; WHO, International Labour Organisation (ILO). He has several international and national publications.
Indranil is the co-editor of the Jindal Journal of Public Policy.
Linkedin profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/indranil-mukhopadhyay-84983a50
Orcid id: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-5242-2331
- Pankaj Bahuguna, Indranil Mukhopadhyay, Shankar Prinja et al. (2018) “Sub-national health accounts: Experience from Punjab State in India”; PLoS ONE; December 2018 13(12):e0208298
- Alok Ranjan, Priyanka Dixit, Indranil Mukhopadhyay, T Sundararaman (2018). “Effectiveness of government strategies for financial protection against costs of hospitalization Care in India”. BMC Public Health (2018) 18:501; Online ISSN: 1471-2458
- Indira Chakraborty, Bijoya Roy, Indranil Mukhopadhyay and Susanna Burria (2017) “Investing in Health” – The Healthcare Industry in India”; Economic and Political Weekly, NOVEMBER 11, 2017 vol liI no 45; ISSN: 0012-9976
- Indranil Mukhopadhyay (2017), “When medicines case misery”; Common Cause, Vol XXXVI, No 2, April-June 2017, Regn No.39331/1982
- Title: Population vulnerabilities, household burden, health system response and resource tracking for vector-borne diseases in Delhi-NCR (PARTHIV)
- Funding agency: Department of Science and Technology, Government of India
- Duration: April 2017 to March 2020