1. The course is focused on policy making, making environmentally sound management decisions and developing a robust understanding of environment and sustainability policies, practices and economic frameworks within the broad framework of sustainable development goals.
2. Students learn the necessary skill sets to critically analyse environment & sustainability issues through the prism of social science, policy & law, economics, ecology, meteorology and other social science and humanities disciplines.
3. Students are empowered to identify and understand the various tools and approaches for environmental problem-solving and sustainable development.
1. The B.Sc. (Hons.) Environment & Sustainable Development programme provides a robust understanding of the science and practice of environmental protection, management and sustainable development through carefully designed interdisciplinary foundational courses, science courses and practical & laboratory components.
2. Learn the theoretical and practical aspects of environment & sustainable development in the global and Indian contexts.
3. Learn scientific, technological and quantitative analytical methods and approaches for interpreting environmental data and conducting sustainability appraisals.
4. Learn the skills required for engaging in critical analysis, qualitative and quantitative analysis and problem solving exercises for environmental protection and sustainable development.
The B.A. (Hons.) Environment & Sustainable Development programme provides a strong understanding of environment and sustainability policies, practices, economic frameworks, and scientific aspects through a multidisciplinary lens. Students will learn the necessary skill sets to critically analyse environment and sustainability issues such as climate change mitigation and adaptation, environmental pollution and health, environmental friendly technologies, and finance mechanism and their wider applicability through the prism of social science, policy and law, economics, and ecological science. Students will also be provided necessary field exposure and corporate and NGO based internship opportunities preparing them for dynamic careers in the field of environment and sustainable development.
The B.Sc. (Hons.) Environment & Sustainable Development programme provides a strong understanding of the science and practice of sustainable development through carefully designed interdisciplinary foundational courses, science courses, and practical and laboratory components. This is further enhanced through hands-on learning opportunities, cutting-edge research, and intensive internship based learning. A range of courses are studied as a part of this programme: from land-use planning, clean energy, climate change mitigation and adaptation, and air to water resources management, ecological economics, biodiversity and conservation, and sustainable agriculture. Students will also be oriented with technological, mathematical, architectural, and scientific skill sets for critically analysing gaps in achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Welcome to the Jindal School of Environment and Sustainability (JSES). JSES offers unique and pioneering degree programmes in environment and sustainability which are relevant and critical to human welfare and survival. Today, we are witnessing a discomforting warmer earth, human communities confronted with acute water shortages and myriad wounded ecosystems. These times mandate conservation of natural resources such as air, soil, water and biodiversity. At the same time, this inconvenient state of our planet obliges us, as the 'thinking species', to harbor hope and prepare to meet the challenges of a resource-poor and warmer earth.
• Applicants to B.A. (Hons.) programme at JSES must have successfully passed the examination at the 10+2 level of schooling or its equivalent, Candidates will be selected through a holistic admissions process conducted over three rounds based on a personal statement, supplemental question, X and XII Grade Marks, Faculty Interview and at par JSAT/SAT/ACT score
• To be eligible for admission to the B.Sc. (Hons.) Environment and SustainableDevelopment programme at Jindal School of Environment and Sustainability (JSES), applicants must have completed the 10+2 level of schooling or an equivalent examination with either of the following subjects/subject combinations: (a) Any three STEM subjects OR (b) Any two STEM subject/S with a combination of Geography/IT/Economics/Engg Graphics/EVS
• Candidates will be selected through a holistic admissions process conducted over three rounds based on a personal statement, supplemental question, X & XII Grade Marks, Faculty Interview and at par SAT/SAI/ACT
Applicants for the B.A. (Hons.) Environment & Sustainable Development and B.Sc. (Hons.) Environment & Sustainable Development at JSES can apply direct through our online admission form available at our website.
JGU has established tie-ups with AVANSE (ICICI), Dena Bank and Credila (HDFC) to facilitate educational loans
for students who are admitted to the
B.A. (Hons.) Environment & Sustainable Development and B.Sc. (Hons.) Environment & Sustainable Development.
O.P. Jindal Global University awards Merit cum Means Scholarships (MCM) every year. The MCM Scholarship covers the tuition fee only. Scholarship applications will be opened by the University by 1 April and will be awarded to eligible students in July. The eligibility criteria includes annual family income, XII board score, JSAT or standardized examination results and faculty interview score. Weightage will also be given to curricular and non-curricular achievements.