You are here
- The Theory and Practice of Indian Competition Law (in contract with Thomson Reuters, forthcoming 2015).
- A Handbook on the Law of GM Food (LexisNexis-India, 2005).
- Rating India’s antitrust enforcement in CUTS Centre for Competition, Investment & Economic Regulation ed., India Competition and Regulation Report (ICRR) (forthcoming 2015).
- State of Indian Merger Control – lessons from CCI’s Sun-Ranbaxy and Holcim-Lafarge approval orders; Concurrences Journal, Institute of Competition Law (forthcoming, June 2015).
- Now we’re motoring (Tackling the antitrust problems of the Indian automobile aftermarket); Competition Law Insight (December, 2014).
- A review is needed: India’s antitrust regulator should scrutinize the Facebook/WhatsApp merger; Competition Law Insight (July, 2014).
- Lessons to be learned from India's latest high profile merger review: the Jet-Etihad deal; European Competition Law Review (March 2014).
- Competitive neutrality under Indian competition law: an analysis of the Coal India decision; Lex Witness (February 2014).
- Flying into trouble? (A spanner thrown into the works of the Jet-Etihad deal could have wide repercussions for M&A in India); India Business Law Journal (February 2014).
- Corporate Communications and Competition Law: Do not speak more than you can handle, Competition Law Reports B: 214-230 (September 2013).
- Insignificant Local Nexus and Indian Merger Control, Competition Law Insight, (July 2013).
- Circumstantial Evidence and Dawn Raids: a new era of antitrust investigation in India a new era; Competition Law Reports B: 61-71 (April 2013).
- The Buck Stops Here (Individuals at the helm of companies in India may be held personally liable in case of violations of competition law rules); India Business Law Journal 25-28 (September 2012).
- Playing by the Rules (Companies should implement compliance programmes to ensure they don’t fall foul of India’s increasingly stringent competition law); India Business Law Journal 31-34 (July-August 2012).
- (With Delano Furtado et al., ) To Notify or Not to Notify? (An explanation of how the ambiguities in the Merger Regulations have created uncertainties about exemptions to the pre-merger notification process); India Business Law Journal 20-21 (June 2011).
- A ‘chota-recharge’ model for the internet (with Payal Malik), Financial Express (May 1, 2015).
- Leave the Internet Alone (advocating a middle path for India’s net neutrality debate) (with Payal Malik), Mint (April 22, 2015).
- The fuss over spectrum auctions (with Payal Malik), Mint (April 1, 2015).
- Charting the course for economic federalism, Financial Express (March 4, 2015).
- Market Competition as a poll plank, Financial Express (January 22, 2015).
- CCI’s Sun-Ranbaxy Masterstroke (describing the key takeaways from CCI’s first detailed (Phase II) merger review), Financial Express (December 22, 2014).
- A case for ‘consumer unfriendly’ brands (antitrust implications for the Indian online retail industry), Business Standard (November 26, 2014).
- The dawn-raiders are coming!, Business Standard (October 2, 2014).
- CCI spares a thought for car owners, Business Standard (September 1, 2014).
- Strong competition as a reform (India’s electricity markets show how reforms on their own can’t do much unless backed by strong institutions) (with Payal Malik), Mint (August 24, 2014).
- Too many regulators cause a regulatory deficit, Business Standard (August 18, 2014).
- So many regulators (a governance reform agenda for the new Modi Government: eliminating regulatory chaos) (with Payal Malik), Indian Express (July 30, 2014).
- Competition policy crucial for Narendra Modi’s 3S mantra (with Dhanendra Kumar), Financial Express (July 3, 2014).
- A touch of class for competition laws (Competition law class actions may become a reality this summer; heralding a U.S.-style class action culture in India), Business Standard (June 17, 2014).
- CCI’s realty test (in a consumer friendly move COMPAT upholds CCI’s DLF decision - but what about the others?) (with Dhanendra Kumar), Financial Express (June 7, 2014).
- High five for India’s competition law regime, Business Standard (May 26, 2014).
- CCI shifts focus from ‘legal form’ to ‘business rationale’, Business Standard (April 28, 2014).
- CCI's fine on Google - Why other firms should not feel 'lucky’; Business Standard (April 15, 2014).
- Competition law violations get personal: Directors and senior officers could be now fined for the anti-competitive conduct of their companies; Business Standard (March 25, 2014).
- Why India's antitrust body should scrutinise the WhatsApp buy; Business Standard (March 3, 2014).
- Corporate Communications and Competition Law: Do not speak more than you can handle; Bar and Bench (available at: http://barandbench.com/content/corporate-communications-and-competition-law-do-not-speak-more-you-can-handle#.UxaluuO1YRk).
- The Concept of Control under the Indian Competition Act: an analysis; India Corp Law blog (available at: http://indiacorplaw.blogspot.in/2012/06/concept-of-control-under-indian.html).
Associate Professor and Assistant Director, Centre for International Trade and Economics Laws, Jindal Global Law School
B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) (NUJS, Kolkata), LL.M. (Harvard)
Avirup Bose is an Associate Professor and Assistant Director, Centre for International Trade and Economics Laws, Jindal Global Law School.