O. P. Jindal Global University (JGU) is a non-profit global university established in 2009, by the Haryana Private Universities (Second Amendment) Act, 2006. JGU is established in memory of Mr. O.P. Jindal as a philanthropic initiative of Mr. Naveen Jindal, the Founding Chancellor. The University Grants Commission has accorded its recognition to O.P. Jindal Global University.
The primary focus of the University’s Vision relates to the cultivation of first class global citizens, engaging in cutting edge interdisciplinary research benchmarked against leading universities around the world and engaging in community services of regional, national and international significance and impact (http://www.jgu.edu.in/public/internationaloffice/content/vision). The mission of JGU is therefore to promote global courses, global programmes, global curricula, global research, global collaborations, and global interaction through a global faculty. JGU is one of the few universities in Asia that maintains 1:15 faculty-student ratio with faculty members from different parts of the world.
JGU has established five schools and a number of research clusters in the form of institutes and research centres as noted below:
- Jindal Global Law School
- Jindal Global Business School
- Jindal School of International Affairs
- Jindal School of Government and Public Policy
- Jindal School of Liberal Arts & Humanities
- Jindal Institute of Behavioural Sciences
- Jindal Institute of Leadership Development and Executive Education
- Jindal Centre for Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship
JGU Research Centres