In pursuit of its Vision, JGU will : -
- Promote a global perspective through a global faculty, global courses, global programmes, global curriculum, global research, and global collaborations in an intensive research environment, ensuring academic freedom and functional autonomy.
- Provide an enriching, intellectually engaging, and discovery-based learning environment for students including opportunities for engaging in interdisciplinary research, summer internships in leading organizations, semester abroad, participation in community service projects and in national and international academic, cultural, sports and other events.
- Create and maintain a vibrant research environment to promote cutting-edge, interdisciplinary research and collaborative work with local, regional, and international communities.
- Conduct capacity development programmes for practitioners from governments, corporations, and civil society organizations to enhance their leadership qualities and skills, management capacity and commitment to professional ethics.
- Promote a culture of excellence in all activities of the University by implementing good practices aimed at personal and professional development of students, faculty members, and non-academic staff.
- Focus on outcomes and impact.
- Academic freedom applying standards of the world’s top universities.
- Highest ethical standards in personal and professional behavior.
- The promotion of pluralism and celebration of diversity.
- Collegiality and team work.
- Concern for the environment.
- Transparency and accountability to all stakeholders.