The principal outcome of the University's efforts and the core of its activity are the attributes of its graduates who are expected to reach their full potential whether as global citizens or as leaders in an internationally competitive environment. The University's Academic Council has therefore adopted a clear statement of Graduate Attributes aimed at:
- providing an anchor to the students by clarifying the essence of their programme of study and also providing a lasting impact of their JGU experience; and
- informing potential employers and other stakeholders of the qualities to be expected of a JGU graduate.
JGU graduates are expected to have the following attributes:
- A deep knowledge of subject areas in the programme of study they have successfully completed at JGU.
- The capacity to engage in self-reflection and lifelong learning.
- Transferable skills including team building and leadership skills, communication, creative and critical thinking skills, and problem-solving skills suitable for a variety of fields of employment.
- The capacity to take up their social and civic responsibilities relating to the environment and the society.
- A deep understanding of, and respect for, diversity, pluralistic societies and other cultures.
- Adherence to the highest standards of ethical behaviour.