JGU has positioned itself as a truly global university pursuing the Vision and Mission defined elsewhere on this website. The principal outcome of its efforts and the core of its activity are the attributes of its graduates who are expected to reach their full potential whether as global citizens or as leaders in an internationally competitive environment.
Graduate Attributes serve three other important purposes: they play a key role in the planning, design and delivery of courses and programmes and guide teaching and assessment of student learning; they provide an anchor to the students by clarifying the essence of their programme of study and provide a lasting impact of their JGU experience; and lastly, they inform potential employers and other stakeholders of the qualities to be expected of a JGU graduate.
Graduate Attributes:• A deep knowledge of subject areas in the programme of study they have successfully completed at JGU.
• The capacity to engage in self-reflection and lifelong learning.
• Transferable skills including team building and leadership skills, communication, creative and critical thinking skills, and problem-solving skills suitable for a variety of fields of employment.
• The capacity to take up their social and civic responsibilities relating to the environment and the society.
• A deep understanding of, and respect for, diversity, pluralistic societies and other cultures.
• Adherence to the highest standards of ethical behavior.